Cooking Time: ~45 min
3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, halved so they are thin
1 Tbs Canola Oil and Unsalted Butter
1 Clove Garlic
1/4 Onion, Finely Diced
2 Strips Bacon, Cut into Small Pieces
1/3 Cup Pale Ale
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Tbs Stone Ground Mustard
Mixed Herbs to Taste: Thyme, Oregano, Basil, etc
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Butter and Truffle Butter
1) Heat pan over high heat. Once hot add oil and butter to pan. Add chicken and cook until done.
2) Place bacon in pan and cook until nearly done.
3) Saute onions in pan until soft. Then add garlic and cook until fragrant.
4) Deglaze pan with beer, reduce until only a spoonful left in pan. Add salt and pepper throughout cooking process to taste
5) Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Then add mustard and herbs. simmer for 1-2 min.
6) Enrich sauce with 1/2 Tbs unsalted butter and 1/2 Tbs truffle butter.
7) Reduce sauce down to desired consistency. Serve sauce over chicken.
Pingback: Pan Cooked Chicken in Pale Ale Bacon Reduction Sauce | Smartchefblog