Cook Time: 30 minutes
Sea Scallops, Dry Packed if Possible
3-4 Pieces Slab Bacon
1 Tbs Shallots
1/3 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Tbs Sherry Vinegar
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper
1) Heat pan over medium to low heat and add bacon. Slowly render fat out of bacon and remove. ~10 minutes. Remove bacon and chop into small pieces.
2) Turn heat to high and let pan get hot. Turn heat to medium high heat once bacon grease just starts to smoke.
3) Add scallops and cook 2-3 minutes on one side until a good sear has formed. Flip and cook for 1 min on other side.
4) Remove scallops and place on plate, hold to side.
5) Add shallots to pan and cook until soft.
6) Add chicken stock, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and Siracha; reduce by half.
7) Season with salt and pepper. Place bacon bits on scallops then drizzle sauce over and serve.