Cook Time: 30 min
1-1 1/2 Lbs uncooked Angel Hair Pasta
2 Tbs Canola Oil
1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
2 tsp salt, divided
~1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Cup White Wine
1/2 Cup Shellfish Stock
1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added Crushed tomatoes, undrained
3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
2 Lbs 16-20 Count Shrimp, Shelled and De-veined
1) Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
2) Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Then add onion to pan; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add Garlic and saute an additional 30 seconds.
3) Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half.
4) Stir in 1 teaspoon salt, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
5) Add Shrimp and cover. Cook shrimp for 5-6 minutes or until done.
6) Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt then pour sauce and shrimp over cooked paste and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Pingback: Shrimp Fra Diavolo | Smartchefblog