Cook Time: ~30 Minutes
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Shallot, Finely Diced
1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, Leaves Only
1/2 Cup Brandy
2 Cups Beef Broth
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Tbs Whole Grain Mustard
1/4 Cup Green Peppercorns, Drained
1) Cook steaks in pan until desired level. Remove steaks from pan.
2) Add oil to pan and saute onions for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme, saute for 30 seconds.
3) Remove pan from heat. Add brandy to pan the flambe using a kitchen match or lighter. (Caution there will be a large flame in the pan but it will burn off quickly, do not panic)
4) Once flame goes out return pan to heat and add beef stock, reduce by half.
5) Add cream and mustard and reduce by half again.
6) Turn off heat and add peppercorns, then serve sauce over steaks.
Pingback: New York Strip Steaks With Green Peppercorn Sauce | Smartchefblog