Cook Time: ~30 min
8 Ounces Uncooked Rotini
2 tsp Canola Oil
4-6 oz Hot Turkey Italian Sausage
3/4 Cup Diced Onion
2 1/2 Tbsp Flour
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Cup Stout Beer, such as Guinness
1/3 Cup Whole Milk
2.5 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
2 oz Processed Cheese such as Velveeta, Shredded
Panko Bread Crumbs
1) Preheat oven to 450 F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2) While pasta cooks and oven heats, heat a large saucepan over high heat, add oil and swirl to coat pan then reduce heat to medium. Remove casings sausages and add sausage and onion to pan. Cook for 6 min, stirring to crumble up sausage.
3) Add flour, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for an additional minute.
4) Add beer and bring to a boil. Cook mixture for 3 min until thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
5) Remove from heat and add cheddar, Velveeta, and milk; stir until smooth. Then add pasta and mix in.
6) Divide mixture evenly among 4 ceramic gratin dishes sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and bake at 450 for 10 min. You could also put mac and cheese in a casserole dish and serve family style, timing will remain the same.