Cook Time: ~30 min
1 Tbs Unsalted Butter and Canola Oil
4 chicken breasts cut in half
1 Shallot, Finely Chopped
1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
1 1/2 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
1/2 cup Rice Wine or Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
2 cups Chicken Stock
1-2 Tbs Garlic Chili Sauce
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter
Flour to thicken
1) Cook chicken in cast iron pan until done. Do the chicken in 2 batches so the chicken cooks evenly.
2) After chicken is done sautee shallots until soft then add garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant, ~30 sec.
3) Add rice wine and soy sauce and reduce to ~1/4-1/3 cup
4) Add chicken broth and continue to simmer
5) Add garlic chili sauce to taste, continue to simmer sauce
6) Add butter. Once butter melts, add flour until sauce reaches desired consistency.
7) Serve sauce over chicken
Pingback: Chicken with Spicy Ginger Soy Reduction | Smartchefblog