Cook Time: 45 min
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package cavatappi pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8-oz.) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and green chilies and prepared cheese product; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Stir in chicken, next 4 ingredients, and hot cooked pasta until blended.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Pingback: Mexican Style Chicken Mac and Cheese | smartchefblog
I didn’t follow this exactly to the letter, but your recipe was very easy to follow. I only used cheddar cheese, used a different type of pasta and upped the spice quantities. Thank you for a great recipe.