Cook Time: ~30 min
1 Green Bell Pepper
Snow or Snap Peas
4 Scallions, white parts only
1 lb Flank Steak, thinly sliced against grain
1 Tbs Rice Wine
5 Tbs Canola Oil
8-10 dried Chilies
2 Tsp Sichuan Peppercorn
3 Tbs Chili Bean Paste
3 cups Chicken Stock
1 Tbs Dark Soy Sauce
3 Tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbs water
1) Marinate Beef in rice wine and salt mixture for 10-15 min
2) Slice pepper and scallions
3) Heat 3 Tbs of oil in wok until just smoking. Stir Fry chilies and Sichuan peppercorn until fragrant and the chilies begin to blister, about 1-2 min. Remove the spices and set aside in a small bowl, leaving oil in the wok. When chilies are cooled, roughly chop. Grind peppercorns.
4) Reheat wok and stir fry peppers and scallions until just cooked, sprinkle with salt and place in serving bowl.
5) If needed add more oil to wok. Over medium heat, stir fry chili bean paste until fragrant, about 30 sec. Add chicken stock and dark soy sauce and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer. Add cornstarch mixture to beef and mix well. Put beef slices in wok and simmer until beef is cooked. Pour over peppers.
6) Sprinkle chopped chilies and Sichuan peppercorn over dish and serve.