Cook Time: 30 min
1 1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoon salt, divided
~1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 garlic clove, minced
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added Crushed tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
1) Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
2) Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. If using bacon cook halfway, then add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
3) Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add vodka; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half.
4) Stir in 1 teaspoon salt, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
5) Stir in cream. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
6)Add Crab Meat Remove from heat. Stir in cooked pasta, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and basil. Serve immediately.